Thursday 22 September 2016

The Intern (2015)

 1/9/2016

Director:

Writer:

Stars:

, ,



 Use of the past tense

The tech stuff might take a bit to figure out. I had to call my 9-year-old grandson just to find out what a USB connector was. But I'll get there.

 I'm loyal, I'm trustworthy, and I'm good in a crisis.

 I've lived here all my life, and lately I feel I may not be hip enough to live in Brooklyn,


 I read once, musicians don't retire. They stop when there's no more music in them.
Well, I still have music in me, absolutely positive about that.

 Yep, these pants are awesome if you have hips.

and the dresses just arrived  all in charcoal gray,which we don't even sell,so that is a bit of a mystery.

I will personally see the dresses before they are Fed Exed, and I promise you they will
be at your front door by 9:00 a.m. Friday, okay?

 Okay, hey, you check this one off your list, okay? This is done.

 You see why I take customer service calls?I mean, it's so good You learn so much. 

Um, everyone needs you to sign off -on tomorrow's homepage..

I want to figure out a way for friendsto shop together online. Make it less of an alone thing.

 Hey, Ben. How's it goin'? It's going good, real good.

 Take a seat around the corner,and someone from talent acquisition will come get you.

 Okay, you guys have to remember; the homepage has to read in a glance.

 Try making the photo grid bigger. 

There's gonna be a couple  of interviews today, Ben. We wanna make sure that
we both find the right fit.

 This is the first time we are hiring senior interns, so some of our intern questions
may not exactly fit your profile,but we're gonna go for it anwvay, okay?
Fire away.

I'm gonna ask you one of our more telling questions for all of our interns,


 Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

 Should we just scratch that one and just move on?
-It's your call, Justin.  -Okay, that one's gone.




and you're clearly more than qualified for this job
.
You're actually, like, way overqualified, and we were so impressed.
You had great interviews, great video. You nailed it, Ben. Congrats. You're an intern. 

We had a whole, big conversation about it.


Seniors in high school or college? No, no, no. Seniors in life.

You definitely seemed to be liking the idea, so I set it in motion.







imagine having an intern with a lifetime of experience as opposed to somebody who spent the last four years of their life playing beer pong.


And I would like one to work directly with you




Why do I have to have one? Because you have to set the tone

I know we never talked about this. Yeah, we did. For real.

.We all work on this one floor,
and that is because
we are all about communication
and teamwork.
No one has a private office,
not even our founder
and CEO, Jules Ostin,
who is actually
right over there.
She loves to ride her bike
through the office.

.They had one opening
for a regular-age intern,
no offense.
I got it. I'm so psyched.
I'm pretty psyched myself.

She started About The Fit
only 18 months ago.
This whole idea was hatched
at Jules' kitchen table
right here in Brooklyn.

She started with 25 employees.
She's now up to 216.

Hey, Ben, are you gonna
wear a suit every day?
-You bet.



Moment in time.
-Gray is the new green.




Uh, how are you an intern?
It's the new
senior intern program.
It just started today.
Oh, my God. Um...
How old are you?
Seventy. You?
I'm 24. I know, I look older.
It's the job. It ages you.






Don't dawdle in any way.
Just keep it moving.





I'm Ben, your new intern.
I'm glad you also see
the humor in this.
Be hard not to.
 



























 


























 

































No comments:

Post a Comment